About the ClientEstée Lauder Companies Online (ELC Online) is the online division of the Estée Lauder Companies Inc. family of brands. We are a tech company, inside of a cosmetics company. We were early adopters of eCommerce in the 90s and have consistently set the industry standard for prestige beauty e-commerce. We support over 400 websites for household names like Estée Lauder, MAC, Clinique, Origins, Jo Malone and Bobbi Brown. We do so from our own in-house technology teams, supported by some great technology partners.
About the RoleThe Estée Lauder Companies Online platform powers our Online Commerce, Innovation and Omnichannel initiatives for a portfolio of over 400 sites. We are looking for an engineer for our Global engineering team, which is responsible for the technical functionality of our products, with the focus on the application security.
Skills you should have
- Be language agnostic and agile to pick up new languages and skills and deliver new solutions to unexpected problems.
- Be willing to learn, follow the trends within the technology space and be able to help future proof solutions.
- Be able to dedicate time for self-investment through training, certifications, and research.
- Be open-minded and actively ask questions, listen, and adjust your points of view accordingly and respect other people’s opinions.
- Be able to communicate effectively with different stakeholders.
- Be able to stay focused on the tasks, prioritize them, and control your time effectively.
- Be able to work closely with other teams and independently.
- Implementing software application security controls.
- Analyzing system services, spotting issues in code, and discovering security exposures.
- Developing mitigation plans and designing technical solutions to address security weaknesses.
- Participating in and supporting application security reviews, including code reviews, third-party integration reviews, and dynamic testing.
- Supporting product and development teams in the area of application security, providing hands-on remediation guidance and direction.
- Assisting in development of automated security testing to ensure that secure coding best practices are being used.
- Building and deploying performant and secure code to production following the coding standards and set KPIs.
- 3 or more years of relevant experience in e-commerce, SaaS or similar.
- Technical expertise in secure software development.
- Strong knowledge of secure design practices and common software vulnerabilities such as OWASP Top 10 and CWE Top 25.
- Knowledge of common and emerging security threats.
What you will do
Founded as a dev tool vendor with a 2-person team
Opened a dev center in Ukraine
Pivoted into outsourced product development
Launched mobile and UI labs
Got our first Inc. 5000 award
Opened a dev center in Argentina
Became a top-3 ranked custom software developer in DC, Ukraine, and Argentina
Became the #1 software development company to hire in 2020
Opened new dev centers in Mexico and Colombia, counting 500+ experts
How we lead
A company where experts grow, hone their skills, and do what they love, AgileEngine is guided by these principles:
Stay agile and embrace changes
Thrive in a results-driven culture with individual autonomy
Innovate with fellow experts in a no-blame environment
Learn from mistakes and move on
Foster mutual trust and support
Haven’t found the right position?
We are always in search of awesome experts. Share your CV, and we’ll notify you once we have the right opportunity.