Work with us:TheStar.com and our other media and information sites and apps serve millions of readers per month across multiple channels. To grow and evolve the team, we’re looking for creative and hardworking leaders with a passion for problem solving in the challenging space of modern news media.We’re looking for people who are interested in shaping the future of big media. We offer the opportunity to work with some of the finest SRE minds on the largest media sites in Canada, backed by a company that has been delivering content to its readers for more than a century.
What you will do:
- Run daily operations for websites reaching millions of Canadians daily
- Use metrics/kpi’s to help determine platform health and take action
- Manage our customer and payment platforms
- Continuously improve our automation – write code, write tests, analyze outcomes
- Lead the recovery of incidents, run retrospectives
- Be willing to participate in on-call support.
- Extensive knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a must.
- Knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) 6.x including experience scaling out author, publishers and dispatchers in a multi-site environment is a major asset.
- You have extensive Linux and scripting knowledge but can work on Windows and IIS when you have to.
- You’ve run large web sites before – you understand CDN’s and what breaks when sites scale.
- A desire to share knowledge and collaborate within an enthusiastic technical team
- Security minded – bad security groups or ACLs bug you.
Skills we like:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Driven and organized self –starter, with excellent planning skills
- Constructive negotiator, pragmatic and decisive
- Thrives on being on the leading edge – not afraid to iterate and try new things
- Excels in a very collaborative, fast paced environment with highly interactive processes
- Excellent planning skills, highly organized and detailed person
Founded as a dev tool vendor with a 2-person team
Opened a dev center in Ukraine
Pivoted into outsourced product development
Launched mobile and UI labs
Got our first Inc. 5000 award
Opened a dev center in Argentina
Became a top-3 ranked custom software developer in DC, Ukraine, and Argentina
Became the #1 software development company to hire in 2020
Opened new dev centers in Mexico and Colombia, counting 500+ experts
How we lead
A company where experts grow, hone their skills, and do what they love, AgileEngine is guided by these principles:
Stay agile and embrace changes
Thrive in a results-driven culture with individual autonomy
Innovate with fellow experts in a no-blame environment
Learn from mistakes and move on
Foster mutual trust and support
Haven’t found the right position?
We are always in search of awesome experts. Share your CV, and we’ll notify you once we have the right opportunity.