Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
Our engineers are fueled by a passion to impact the future of mobility. They push the boundaries of telematics and transportation tech by creating and supporting cutting-edge products. As part of an Agile team, they are armed with the freedom to innovate and the opportunity to see projects through from start to finish. Using a variety of languages and a top-notch technology stack, our engineers make critical advances in areas like sensor technology, enterprise engineering and platform development. Our team understands what it means to collaborate and communicate in an interconnected global team, all while having trust, transparency and empathy for the end user. Which is pretty cool, if you ask us.
Arity is seeking a motivated Engineer to join our platform team. You will be an innovative thinker, an expert communicator, and an agile problem solver looking to join an exciting team. You will utilize cutting edge technologies to deliver software solutions within Arity’s cloud environment. Success candidates can learn and adapt quickly and use every tool at your disposal—software, algorithms, and beyond—to understand and effectively tackle hard problems.
- Manage existing services and help in reducing tech debts.
- Work in Agile/Scrum environment, design, estimate, test, and develop user stories
- Collaborates with other engineers, testers, and business experts to foster a high-performing inclusive culture.
- Actively participates in the design of software components.
- Actively engages in code reviews to yield the highest quality code possible.
- Uses experience to challenge approaches but also makes reasonable compromises to achieve delivery objectives.
- Uses analytical skills to diagnose support issues that may not be well understood initially.
- Participates in all agile ceremonies with an iterative mindset including retrospectives to gather feedback and derive actionable items to improve the team and the product.
- Participates in executing the strategy, keeping the customer needs and wants in mind.
- Supports an environment of continuous learning through helping others and sharing expertise
Experience and Education
- A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- 2-3 years of developing and implementing systems at scale preferably in Java.
- Working knowledge of event-driven systems.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins
- Basic understanding of design patterns, object-oriented principles, and a desire to continuously improve code.
- Understanding of distributed systems, REST principles, databases, and security best practices.
- Understanding of software testing techniques at all levels
- Understanding of data modeling and familiarity with XML and JSON schema standards.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to offer why one technical solution is preferable to another
- Experience with Apache Kafka and Apache Flint is a plus.
Founded as a dev tool vendor with a 2-person team
Opened a dev center in Ukraine
Pivoted into outsourced product development
Launched mobile and UI labs
Got our first Inc. 5000 award
Opened a dev center in Argentina
Became a top-3 ranked custom software developer in DC, Ukraine, and Argentina
Became the #1 software development company to hire in 2020
Opened new dev centers in Mexico and Colombia, counting 500+ experts
How we lead
A company where experts grow, hone their skills, and do what they love, AgileEngine is guided by these principles:
Stay agile and embrace changes
Thrive in a results-driven culture with individual autonomy
Innovate with fellow experts in a no-blame environment
Learn from mistakes and move on
Foster mutual trust and support
Haven’t found the right position?
We are always in search of awesome experts. Share your CV, and we’ll notify you once we have the right opportunity.