- 4+ years experience in software development in preferably Big Data Projects like Hadoop eco-systems.
- Should have expereicne with Kafka, Spark.
- Practical experience implementing Apache Spark jobs: knowing its features on partitioning, grouping, joins, importing the data into the cluster, exporting the data from the cluster.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Practical experience with Java (ideally 2+ years).
- A plus if one has experience working with AWS, specifically AWS EMR (or ability to pick it up fast), although not mandatory.
Nice to have
- Apache Hive
- Apache Pig
- Apache Airflow
- The project is to create a proof of concepts and productinize solution for migration of several core indexes builders to AWS, to increase stability of the builder and thus reliability of its data.
- Migrate Indeed search index builders from old framework to Apache Spark and AWS;
- Providing Apache Spark best practices and mentoring.
- Producing high-quality code
- Communication with Engineering & Product management
- Alignment with existing development teams
- Interesting and challenging tasks
- Flexible work schedule
- Zero bureaucracy
- Friendly and a very skilled team with great corporate culture and mentorship (visit us and see it yourself)
- US democratic management style
- Opportunities for self-realization, professional and career growth
- Cool events and team activities
- Professional workshops and training, a great engineering culture
About the projectSince 2004, Indeed has given job seekers free access to millions of jobs from thousands of company websites and job boards. As the leading pay-for-performance recruitment advertising network, Indeed drives millions of targeted applicants to jobs in every field and is the most cost-effective source of candidates for thousands of companies.
Founded as a dev tool vendor with a 2-person team
Opened a dev center in Ukraine
Pivoted into outsourced product development
Launched mobile and UI labs
Got our first Inc. 5000 award
Opened a dev center in Argentina
Became a top-3 ranked custom software developer in DC, Ukraine, and Argentina
Became the #1 software development company to hire in 2020
Opened new dev centers in Mexico and Colombia, counting 500+ experts
How we lead
A company where experts grow, hone their skills, and do what they love, AgileEngine is guided by these principles:
Stay agile and embrace changes
Thrive in a results-driven culture with individual autonomy
Innovate with fellow experts in a no-blame environment
Learn from mistakes and move on
Foster mutual trust and support