The world’s number 1 highest-traffic job website, Indeed.com has 250 million unique monthly visitors and 9.8 jobs posted every second. A giant on a mission to help people find jobs, Indeed works with product teams in Austin, Tokyo, Seattle, San Francisco, Singapore, and Hyderabad.
Ready to help Indeed improve people’s lives, one job at a time?
On behalf of Indeed, AgileEngine is looking for a Lead React Java Engineer to help keep the existing ITAP systems stable. Thus, the objective is remediate RCA for 10% of issues causing production system unavailability/instability as an initial phase scope.
Once the initial set of identified work is done, the Teams will continue to Support unified Targeting systems by creating a user data store for offline user profiles. Will include loading data from offline storage into DMP. This will help the data scientists retrieve consistent data for their experimentation; in identifying trends; feature development.
The above will enable targeting capabilities on sponsored jobs both onsite and offsite. Team will refactor ITA model training/serving code to support serving SJ+ITA jobs on one of the channels. Stakeholders have a proposal for combining modeling infrastructure for on and offsite ads to the furthest extent possible.
The ideal candidate’s prior work experience reflects high standards for engineering with proven capabilities.
What is required?
- 5+ years experience in software development
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Significant practical experience with either:
– Java (ideally 4+ years) HTML, CSS (Spring Boot, Java Streams API, Dependency injection, Lombok, gRPC)
– React (ideally 4+ years), HTML, CSS ( Practical experience with Redux, Hooks, CSS Modules, ES6, Typescript)
- Knowledge and practical experience with:
– Unit testing development
– Stream-processing framework (Kafka)
– Understanding of SOLID, TDD and Clean Architecture principles
– CI-CD (Jenkins pipelines)
- Team Management and direct client interaction experience
- Great communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Upper-Intermediate English
What you will do:
- Work with a ITAP team at Indeed:
– Remediate RCA for 10% of issues causing production system unavailability/instability as an initial phase scope.
– Support unified Targeting systems by creating a user data store for offline user profiles.
– Refactor ITA model training/serving code to support serving SJ+ITA jobs on one of the channels
– Analyzing the impact in performance / stability / changes needed for business requirements.
- Lead the team development process.
- Backlog refinement.
- Code Review
- Producing high-quality code
- Alignment with existing development teams
What we offer:
- Interesting and challenging tasks
- Flexible work schedule
- Friendly and a very skilled team with great corporate culture and mentorship (visit us and see it yourself)
- Opportunities for self-realization, professional and career growth
- Cool events and team activities
- Professional workshops and training, a great engineering culture
About the project
Since 2004, Indeed has given job seekers free access to millions of jobs from thousands of company websites and job boards. As the leading pay-for-performance recruitment advertising network, Indeed drives millions of targeted applicants to jobs in every field and is the most cost-effective source of candidates for thousands of companies.
Founded as a dev tool vendor with a 2-person team
Opened a dev center in Ukraine
Pivoted into outsourced product development
Launched mobile and UI labs
Got our first Inc. 5000 award
Opened a dev center in Argentina
Became a top-3 ranked custom software developer in DC, Ukraine, and Argentina
Became the #1 software development company to hire in 2020
Opened new dev centers in Mexico and Colombia, counting 500+ experts
How we lead
A company where experts grow, hone their skills, and do what they love, AgileEngine is guided by these principles:
Stay agile and embrace changes
Thrive in a results-driven culture with individual autonomy
Innovate with fellow experts in a no-blame environment
Learn from mistakes and move on
Foster mutual trust and support
Haven’t found the right position?
We are always in search of awesome experts. Share your email, and we’ll notify you once we have the right opportunity.