The world’s number 1 highest-traffic job website, Indeed.com has 250 million unique monthly visitors and 9.8 jobs posted every second. A giant on a mission to help people find jobs, Indeed works with product teams in Austin, Tokyo, Seattle, San Francisco, Singapore, and Hyderabad.
Ready to help Indeed improve people’s lives, one job at a time?
On behalf of Indeed, AgileEngine is looking for a Middle Data Engineer to develop and enhance data pipelines for the internal Indeed data product. The ideal candidate’s prior work experience reflects high standards for engineering with proven capabilities. The candidate possesses the ability to take on important business challenges and execute them with precision and quality.
What is required?
- 4+ years experience in software development
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Significant practical experience with Java (ideally 2+ years)
- Practical experience implementing Apache Spark jobs: knowing its features on partitioning, grouping, joins, importing the data into the cluster, exporting the data from the cluster
- Practical experience working with AWS, specifically AWS EMR (or ability to pick it up fast) would be a great plus
What will be a plus?
- Kubernetes basics
- Spark Operator
What you will do:
- The project is to create a proof of concepts for migration of an index builder to AWS, to increase stability of the builder and thus reliability of its data.
- Project Milestones
Milestone 1: ability to build the index in AWS EMR from 1 day of data
Milestone 2: ability to run the builder for consequent 30 days with adequate consistent build times
- Producing high-quality code
- Communication with Engineering & Product management
- Alignment with existing development teams
What we offer:
- Interesting and challenging tasks
- Flexible work schedule
- Zero bureaucracy
- Friendly and a very skilled team with great corporate culture and mentorship (visit us and see it yourself)
- Opportunities for self-realization, professional and career growth
- Cool events and team activities
- Professional workshops and training, a great engineering culture
About the project
Since 2004, Indeed has given job seekers free access to millions of jobs from thousands of company websites and job boards. As the leading pay-for-performance recruitment advertising network, Indeed drives millions of targeted applicants to jobs in every field and is the most cost-effective source of candidates for thousands of companies.
Founded as a dev tool vendor with a 2-person team
Opened a dev center in Ukraine
Pivoted into outsourced product development
Launched mobile and UI labs
Got our first Inc. 5000 award
Opened a dev center in Argentina
Became a top-3 ranked custom software developer in DC, Ukraine, and Argentina
Became the #1 software development company to hire in 2020
Opened new dev centers in Mexico and Colombia, counting 500+ experts
How we lead
A company where experts grow, hone their skills, and do what they love, AgileEngine is guided by these principles:
Stay agile and embrace changes
Thrive in a results-driven culture with individual autonomy
Innovate with fellow experts in a no-blame environment
Learn from mistakes and move on
Foster mutual trust and support
Haven’t found the right position?
We are always in search of awesome experts. Share your email, and we’ll notify you once we have the right opportunity.