What is required?
- You have extensive experience with common development tools (Node, Webpack, Gulp, Babel, Yarn, NPM, etc)
- Experience with versioning tools (Git, Bitbucket, Github)
- You have working experience with the implementation of workflow processes, from IDE customization to Jenkins scripting and AWS setup and tooling
- You have a passion for improving developer productivity and optimizing your workflow
- You get excited about automating repetitive tasks and reducing the number of steps in a task
- You have a technical background with expertise in engineering principles and design patterns
- You are comfortable switching languages to solve problems, and always use the best tools for the job
- You are passionate about writing clean, modern, maintainable, & highly-performant code
- You have the pro-active ability and a self-starter attitude to troubleshoot and solve problems
- You have a positive, collaborative, and solution-oriented approach
- You have experience working in an Agile team and using Jira
- You have strong communication skills with excellent interpersonal effectiveness, in one-on-one interactions and presenting to a room
- You have self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
What will be a plus?
- Provisioning tools (Jenkins, Docker), and AWS tools (EC2, S3, etc)
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Java
- Experience with Microservices and Micro Front Ends
- Experience with Groovy
- Enthusiasm for Agile development methodologies like TDD & Pair Programming
- Drupal frontend/theming and content building (ideally Drupal 7) a plus
- Experience with projects at enterprise scale and with global teams
- E-commerce experience
What you will do:
- Understand, optimize, and implement tooling and automation opportunities across multiple developer workflows and pipelines
- Maintain and upgrade existing development dependencies to improve development feature sets, performance and security
- Measure the results of your work and share them so that the whole organization can improve
- Define best practices & solutions to improve the QA and release process
- Work closely with product owners to define scalable technical solutions & partner with global engineers to contribute what you build into our global technology products
- Troubleshoot & problem solve when urgent technical solutions are needed
- Code review & mentor junior engineers
What we offer:
- Access to best-in-class engineering leadership with exciting opportunities to grow.
- A feather in your cap with your code (yes, YOURS!) living on one of the many sites for a Fortune 500 company (ranked #258 in 2018).
- Working with a global community of innovative, exciting team members at the helm of the company’s digital transformation. Leave your digital footprint on our custom, proprietary platform. Our motto is “Lead from every chair” – and we really live it!
About the project
Founded as a dev tool vendor with a 2-person team
Opened a dev center in Ukraine
Pivoted into outsourced product development
Launched mobile and UI labs
Got our first Inc. 5000 award
Opened a dev center in Argentina
Became a top-3 ranked custom software developer in DC, Ukraine, and Argentina
Became the #1 software development company to hire in 2020
Opened new dev centers in Mexico and Colombia, counting 500+ experts
How we lead
A company where experts grow, hone their skills, and do what they love, AgileEngine is guided by these principles:
Stay agile and embrace changes
Thrive in a results-driven culture with individual autonomy
Innovate with fellow experts in a no-blame environment
Learn from mistakes and move on
Foster mutual trust and support
Haven’t found the right position?
We are always in search of awesome experts. Share your email, and we’ll notify you once we have the right opportunity.