As our Release Engineer on the DevOps team, you’ll be tasked with creating systematic processes for daily release schedules and components involved in those releases. You will work with the DevOps team to provide expert level support for all deployments and deployment tools such as but not limited to Jenkins, Ansible, AWS and Docker. You will work closely with all teams within the organization (Product, QA, Backend, Frontend and DevOps) to help cut release branches via Git and create release schedules for all applications. Your responsibilities will also involve overall release communication across teams; as well as determining the risk/disaster level of deployments and rollback plans as needed case by case.
Additional responsibilities will revolve around DevOps tasks to improve release consistency and quality such as Jenkins Pipeline creation, automated release documentation, and configuration management.
With us you can
- Work in a dream team of A-players, 65% of whom are seniors
- Be sure your opinion matters
- Create solutions that will be used by global giants like Paramount, IBM, Deloitte, Volkswagen, and others
- Shape your success journey through a personalized growth roadmap tailored to your interests and goals
- Embrace agility, forget about micromanagement and old-school hierarchies
What you will do:
- Learn current processes and help cultivate healthy standards across different application teams to ensure on time releases.
- Manage cutting release branches for multiple applications daily
- Troubleshoot release and application issues, while communicating status to the rest of the team
- Work with developers to cross-pollinate devops processes and ensure that structure is followed
- Determine appropriate risk levels and disaster recovery for releases
- Work with the backend and frontend teams to understand and eventually improve upon gitflow within each team
- Become a champion/expert and eventually the go-to for all release related questions.
Our team is missing someone who has
- You have managed or supported multi-application release infrastructures before
- You are familiar with deployment, automation, configuration management and monitoring tools, concepts, and principles.
- You are effective at communicating in a fast-paced environment with other engineers and product managers.
- You are confident and assertive when making the call to rollback or fix forward and Sound Judgement
- Familiar with technical constructs, process and development frameworks.
- Fundamental Knowledge of AWS
- Experience with projects at enterprise scale
- E-commerce experience
- Highly repeatable tools and processes to automate supporting deployment processes wirh:
- 5+ years in System Administration, Unix shell
- 5+ years in Docker
- 3+ years with Kubernetes
- 6+ years in Security best practices
- 4+ years in CI/CD (Jenkins, Bamboo etc..)
- 5+ years in AWS Management
- 5+ years in GIT workflow
Founded as a dev tool vendor with a 2-person team
Opened a dev center in Ukraine
Pivoted into outsourced product development
Launched mobile and UI labs
Got our first Inc. 5000 award
Opened a dev center in Argentina
Became a top-3 ranked custom software developer in DC, Ukraine, and Argentina
Became the #1 software development company to hire in 2020
Opened new dev centers in Mexico and Colombia, counting 500+ experts
How we lead
A company where experts grow, hone their skills, and do what they love, AgileEngine is guided by these principles:
Stay agile and embrace changes
Thrive in a results-driven culture with individual autonomy
Innovate with fellow experts in a no-blame environment
Learn from mistakes and move on
Foster mutual trust and support
Haven’t found the right position?
We are always in search of awesome experts. Share your CV, and we’ll notify you once we have the right opportunity.