Spot by NetApp® is the undoubtable unicorn of the Cloud world. By continuously optimizing cloud infrastructure to always be highly available and for the lowest possible cost, we revolutionize the way businesses manage their cloud. Spot is a fast-paced startup which operates within NetApp and enjoys all perks & benefits of a large-scale organization while maintaining the startup culture, mentality and pace
Spot’s Back-End Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining highly scalable AWS cloud native solutions and mentor a team of highly talented and independent developers in a rapidly changing, zero-downtime environment where code is deployed multiple times a day. You will have full responsibility for developing features end-to-end while working with the team’s iterations in an Agile environment including development, testing, and deployment.
What you will work with
- Contribute to our cloud infrastructure, strategically employing automation and infrastructure-as-code
- Apply knowledge of AWS and Infrastructure-as-code tools to automate repetitive tasks
- Balance creation of new infrastructure with maintenance/upkeep of existing infrastructure
- Work with various teams to promote and improve build pipeline and deploy practices.
- Implement proactive monitoring & improve existing monitoring
- Using best practices & industry standards, develop solid & maintainable scripting & infrastructure tooling
- Work with Development to increase adoption of automation, monitoring, & logging techniques & standards
- Be an advocate and resource for DevOps principles and methodology.
- Handle status updates and be able explain rapidly evolving, complex technical issues
- Triage, document, & escalate product-related issues to Development
- Help secure all aspects of Spot infrastructure & participate in security reviews
- Develop an understanding & familiarity with new technologies in the DevOps space & assess possible use cases within the Spot environment
- Performs other related duties as required & assigned
Our team is missing someone who has
- Ability to manage AWS components such as EC2, EKS, ECS, RDS, CloudWatch, VPC, IAM, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, Glue, Athena, ALB, etc. via APIs/Automation using Python AWS CDK
- Strong experience in programming and scripting languages and using them in automation.
- Familiarity with Python programming language
- Good understanding of Agile/Scrum software development methodology
- Metrics collection & monitoring, such as Datadog, Prometheus, New Relic, Kibana, CloudWatch
- Familiarity with DevOps culture & practices
- Define & document operational processes
- Clearly communicate technical topics to a wide variety of audiences
- Enable & embrace change
More about projectWe are seeking enthusiastic and forward-thinking Senior DevOps Engineer, who is full-stack capable in-depth and breadth. At a high-level, we use Python, CDK, CloudFormation, Github Actions and many AWS tools and Technologies. Servers all running on AWS infrastructure. Our DevOps team solves our toughest problems across our technology footprint in areas such as monitoring, configuration management, CI/CD, etc. Additionally, provides subject matter expertise to the development team in areas including platform architecture and infrastructure.Our Technology Stack Includes: Python, Github Actions, Shell Script, RDS, AngularJS, Athena, DynamoDB, GLUE, ECS, EKS, Docker, RDS, S3, Route 53, API Gateway, Load Balancers, ElasticSearch, Kubernetes, Airflow, CloudFormation, Jira, Confluence, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
Founded as a dev tool vendor with a 2-person team
Opened a dev center in Ukraine
Pivoted into outsourced product development
Launched mobile and UI labs
Got our first Inc. 5000 award
Opened a dev center in Argentina
Became a top-3 ranked custom software developer in DC, Ukraine, and Argentina
Became the #1 software development company to hire in 2020
Opened new dev centers in Mexico and Colombia, counting 500+ experts
How we lead
A company where experts grow, hone their skills, and do what they love, AgileEngine is guided by these principles:
Stay agile and embrace changes
Thrive in a results-driven culture with individual autonomy
Innovate with fellow experts in a no-blame environment
Learn from mistakes and move on
Foster mutual trust and support
Haven’t found the right position?
We are always in search of awesome experts. Share your CV, and we’ll notify you once we have the right opportunity.