- Quality assurance experience – QA leads organize all aspects of the quality assurance process, and therefore, need to be familiar with that process. This knowledge comes from previous experience in a QA role. Requirement is to have a minimum of 3 years experience as a Lead.
- Interpersonal skills – QA leads need to constantly communicate with upper management and other teams on the project. As such, they should be really good at interpersonal verbal, oral, and written communication. Throughout all phases of product development they should be proactive to report progress, plans, and problems to upper management and other involved parties and also ask feedback from upper management and implement the suggested changes in as efficient a way as possible.
- Automation/ Technical experience: It is preferable for a QA lead to have some kind of Technical/ automation experience so as to guide the team in framing intelligent test cases/ bug reporting and involvement in requirements discussion with project teams.
- Test plan development – The testing plan is one of the most important parts of quality assurance. QA leads should be familiar with creating and executing quality assurance test plans to ensure the product being released is up to industry and company standards and publish test status reports.
- Time, Resource and project management – since QA leads have to juggle multiple projects at a given time, they should be excellent at time, resource and project management so they don’t delay the project. In order to maintain deadlines, QA leads should also evaluate the team throughout the life of the project to identify areas where improvement can be made.
- Industry-specific skills/certifications – QA leads should have knowledge specific to the industry in which they are working. In this case it is retail/ eCommerce.
- Zephyr – Test case Management tool
- Moonshine Framework – This is Selenium based for Automation
- JIRA – Defect tracking and task creation tool
- Confluence – Repository of ELC Documentation
- Node js based automation
- Planning and controlling the testing process and ensuring the QA processes are being followed by the team
- Mastering Site features functionalities with thorough understanding on internal tools and platforms (CMS / Offer manager / PIM etc)
- Working closely with the Product teams to clearly understand the assumptions, background and risks for all allocated pieces of delivery
- Clear communication on the QA plan and strategy, challenges faced and it’s impact in the deliverables to the stakeholders
- Monitoring the QA team, ensuring that tasks are allocated and delivered according to the plan and escalate where a deviation to plan is likely
- Being commercially aware of all decisions made throughout a project lifecycle -understanding potential impact to the timescale and raise issues/concerns where appropriate
- Maintaining regular QA team meetings with the offshore team and communicating the updates to the team
- Participate in the requirement meetings and proactively provide feedback wherever required.
- Ensuring QA resource is equipped with the necessary knowledge and training required to perform his tasks
- Creating QA test plans/strategy for any features , rollouts or enhancements and getting sign off form the stakeholders
- Accepting and clarifying the requirements and ensuring they are precisely defined
- Escalating issues/concerns immediately in order to avert projects running over time/budget
- Completing all required reports as identified and required in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensuring that all risks and issues are communicated to stakeholders
- Work collaboratively at all times ensuring that your communication style is consistent, clear and open
- Understand and work with the QA related tools and framework and provide recommendations that can help enhance the framework to support testing.
- Should be hands on and help out in testing when required. Should be able to debug and execute automation scripts.
- Work closely with the QA Manager on the strategies, improvements, recommendations, escalations, project updates, status, challenges, risks etc.
- Develop strong relationships with both the brand and the production team, ensuring that potential opportunities are identified and shared
- As a member of the Global QA team work collaboratively with the other onsite QA Leads on Global QA tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATION
- 1 year worth Management experience and 3 years experience in Quality Assurance
- Work experience with offshore/nearshore/onshore model a big plus
- Experience with Agile methodology is preferred
- Be willing to work extended hours as required by the role and be available to occasionally implement systems out of business hours.
Founded as a dev tool vendor with a 2-person team
Opened a dev center in Ukraine
Pivoted into outsourced product development
Launched mobile and UI labs
Got our first Inc. 5000 award
Opened a dev center in Argentina
Became a top-3 ranked custom software developer in DC, Ukraine, and Argentina
Became the #1 software development company to hire in 2020
Opened new dev centers in Mexico and Colombia, counting 500+ experts
How we lead
A company where experts grow, hone their skills, and do what they love, AgileEngine is guided by these principles:
Stay agile and embrace changes
Thrive in a results-driven culture with individual autonomy
Innovate with fellow experts in a no-blame environment
Learn from mistakes and move on
Foster mutual trust and support
Haven’t found the right position?
We are always in search of awesome experts. Share your CV, and we’ll notify you once we have the right opportunity.