Client is the leading institutional OTC trading platform providing a single point of access to multi-dealer, block liquidity for crypto futures and options across the largest derivatives exchanges globally. We’ve established ourselves as the pioneers of RFQ-based block trading, with $3+ billion in monthly volumes, and routinely account for 10-30% of daily global cryptocurrency option flows. The firm has a global network of 280+ counterparties that include hedge funds, OTC desks, lenders, structured product issuers, market makers, and family offices.
We are seeking a senior backend engineer to join our team and help build out our flagship chat-based trading platform. You will work on developing mission critical and highly performant features from scratch for our institutional customers.
What is required?
- 7+ years of backend engineering experience, ideally building products from ideation to launch with a strong engineering team
- Thorough working knowledge of Django and its internals
- Extensive experience using Python
- Some FE experience with React.js
- Experience with Golang and/or Python (willing to learn Golang)
- Experience monitoring and scaling microservice-oriented systems
- Familiarity with websocket architecture and implementation
- Experience working with cloud-native AWS infrastructure and/or Kubernetes
- Team-building and technical leadership experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field (M.S. a plus)
What you will do:
- Design, build and maintain scalable, secure web services and distributed systems
- Design and develop robust solutions for trade negotiation and execution, real-time market data, chat messaging, authentication, and security
- Help maintain existing codebase, infrastructure, test coverage, and documentation
- Communicate requirements effectively within and across teams
Founded as a dev tool vendor with a 2-person team
Opened a dev center in Ukraine
Pivoted into outsourced product development
Launched mobile and UI labs
Got our first Inc. 5000 award
Opened a dev center in Argentina
Became a top-3 ranked custom software developer in DC, Ukraine, and Argentina
Became the #1 software development company to hire in 2020
Opened new dev centers in Mexico and Colombia, counting 500+ experts
How we lead
A company where experts grow, hone their skills, and do what they love, AgileEngine is guided by these principles:
Stay agile and embrace changes
Thrive in a results-driven culture with individual autonomy
Innovate with fellow experts in a no-blame environment
Learn from mistakes and move on
Foster mutual trust and support
Haven’t found the right position?
We are always in search of awesome experts. Share your email, and we’ll notify you once we have the right opportunity.