What you will do
- Develop views for searching and browsing a “roadmap” of scientific methodology that help investigators find appropriate tools for specific investigations.
- Develop a graphical workflow editor that enables investigators to build workflows by dragging and dropping tools onto a canvas, configuring them, and linking them together.
- Help users design workflows by displaying “driving directions” — suggestions for alternative tools, next steps, and entire workflows — within the editor.
- Help users quickly identify and correct problems by displaying linting errors and warnings, such as linked tools with mismatched output and input types, within the editor.
- Develop interactive visualizations for exploring and analyzing scientific data, such as the predictions of mechanistic simulations of cells and tissues.
- Develop specifications and an SDK that enables third-party developers to contribute custom data visualizations.
- Develop views that enable investigators to manage and share their data, tools, workflows, and runs.
- Employ best practices for development, testing, documentation, and security.
- Strong, hands-on experience with our technical stack for web development
- TypeScript and React
- REST APIs such as with OpenAPI
- HTML and SASS
- Unit and end-to-end testing such as with Jest and Cypress
- TypeScript and Node.js
- Various frameworks (maybe Express.js or similar)
- Knowledge of both relational databases and key/value stores (e.g. MongoDB)
- Understanding of scalability and design
- Ability to build complex apps and workflows
- Eye for UI/UX design
- Pixel perfect attention to detail
- Expertise in performance tuning
- Understanding of best practices
- Experience with architecting and building projects from scratch
- Cloud infrastructure such as AWS
- DevOps such as GitHub actions
- Good understanding how to scale complex systems
- Understanding of best practices for security
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Great team player
- Passion for success
Nice to haves
- Ability to translate the needs, wants, and motivations of biomedical scientists and engineers into accessible solutions
- Experience with graphical design, illustration, and/or animation
- Understanding of workflows and streaming systems (e.g. Apache Airflow, Kafka, etc)
- Passion for accelerating biomedical science and engineering
- Knowledge of biology and/or data visualization
About the project
The benefits of joining us
Accelerate your professional journey with mentorship, TechTalks, and personalized growth roadmaps
We match your ever-growing skills, talent, and contributions with competitive USD-based compensation and budgets for education, fitness, and team activities
Your AgileEngine journey starts here
We will review your CV and send you a test task via email
Our recruitment team will reach you to discuss available opportunities
WFH or a comfy office? Why not both?
You will have an interview with your future team lead
WASHINGTON DC USA
Founded as a dev tool vendor with a 2-person team
Opened a dev center in Ukraine
Pivoted into outsourced product development
Launched mobile and UI labs
Got our first Inc. 5000 award
Opened a dev center in Argentina
Became a top-3 ranked custom software developer in DC, Ukraine, and Argentina
Became the #1 software development company to hire in 2020
Opened new dev centers in Mexico and Colombia, counting 500+ experts
How we lead
A company where experts grow, hone their skills, and do what they love, AgileEngine is guided by these principles:
Stay agile and embrace changes
Thrive in a results-driven culture with individual autonomy
Innovate with fellow experts in a no-blame environment
Learn from mistakes and move on
Foster mutual trust and support