Striving for excellence is in our corporate culture. Since 2000, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
AgileEngine is looking for a curious Senior/Lead Backend Engineer that love’s to learn and to dig into new technologies and can pick them up quickly, with a strong understanding of the fundamentals of algorithms and algorithms complexity, great problem-solving skills, and the ability to switch between technology paradigms. Offering the possibility to work with some of the best world-class engineers, product managers, and architects.
What is required?
- 5+ years’ experience as a software engineer
- 5+ years’ experience with Python (preferably) or Node.js, using frameworks like Flask or Django
- Excellent problem-solving skills and understanding of algorithms
- Experience with Microservices and scalable object-oriented RESTFUL web services
- Comfortable with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Agile environments
- Team-oriented and collaborative, capacity to mentor junior team members
- Leadership ability, excellent written, and verbal English skills.
What will be a plus?
- Computer Science degree (advanced or finished)
- Experience with event-driven technologies (Kafka, Kinesis, SQS, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ)
- Experience with relational (MySQL, Postgres) and nonrelational (Redis, Dynamo, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Hbase)
- Understanding of distributed design patterns using cloud-based systems including AWS
What you will do:
- Build and roll out microservices to support several integrations within a customer-facing application, with proprietary and third-party services
- Gain adoption internally on data ingestion/publishing platform by training engineers on the usage and value of a central platform
- Develop first use case for ingestion and publishing platform by exchanging data with different third party medical systems using a variety of methodologies such as HL7, FHIR, APIs, or web-based UI extraction and make it available through the Integration Platform
- Provide APIs and integrate PatientPop’s EMR integration platform with other PatientPop products and core data services (insurance, patients, providers, practices, etc.)
- Event-driven systems and microservices
- API orchestration, routing, and choreography
- Discovering emerging technologies or designing new architecture patterns to influence the engineering direction
- Mentoring engineers and maturing the engineering department
- Playing a key role on a high visibility/impact project in software design, architecture, requirements analysis, investigation of leading-edge technologies, project management, and software development/delivery.
What we offer:
- Interesting and challenging tasks
- Flexible work schedule
- Friendly and a very skilled team with great corporate culture and mentorship (visit us and see it yourself)
- Opportunities for self-realization, professional and career growth
- Cool events and team activities
- Professional workshops and training, a great engineering culture
About the project
Our client is a healthcare technology company that helps practices thrive with an all in one practice growth solution. The platform empowers practices to promote themselves online, attract patients, and retain them for life. They work on improving every digital touchpoint along the patient journey, so patients can easily find and choose a practice, and become their advocate. Also, they improve every aspect of a practice’s online presence to help them attract the right patients to their services, and keep them coming back.
Founded as a dev tool vendor with a 2-person team
Opened a dev center in Ukraine
Pivoted into outsourced product development
Launched mobile and UI labs
Got our first Inc. 5000 award
Opened a dev center in Argentina
Became a top-3 ranked custom software developer in DC, Ukraine, and Argentina
Became the #1 software development company to hire in 2020
Opened new dev centers in Mexico and Colombia, counting 500+ experts
How we lead
A company where experts grow, hone their skills, and do what they love, AgileEngine is guided by these principles:
Stay agile and embrace changes
Thrive in a results-driven culture with individual autonomy
Innovate with fellow experts in a no-blame environment
Learn from mistakes and move on
Foster mutual trust and support
Haven’t found the right position?
We are always in search of awesome experts. Share your email, and we’ll notify you once we have the right opportunity.