Our client is looking for a senior full-stack software engineer to help build the future of home improvement and mobile 3D scanning with our mobile capture team. We are looking for someone who is creative, detail-oriented, and cares deeply about the user experience. You think about long-term solutions and enjoy the process of collaborating with your teammates to architect reliable, scalable and maintainable applications.
Collaboration, pair programming and teamwork
Career growth and learning
Making small changes, and shipping code to production continuously
Coding cross-platform- android and iOS and across the stack (frontend and backend)
Test-driven development, and refactoring regularly to keep our codebases healthy
The Mobile Capture team’s mission is to enable our users to collect the 3D world around them through a delightful interactive experience, and apply state-of-the-art mobile ML and 3D processing to this data both on-device and in the cloud. You’ll be a critical part of HOVER’s roadmap as you work on developing performance-critical user experiences which are the primary user touchpoint for our entire platform.
What is required?
- Extensive, current experience (5+ years) architecting and building reliable, scalable, maintainable high-performance mobile applications
- 2+ years of Swift
- 2+ years of React (or a similar modern frontend framework)
- Familiarity with best practices around scaling and reliability
- Extensive experience writing unit, feature and end-to-end tests
- Great Product sense combined with strong technical communication skills and the ability to work effectively cross functionally with Product Managers, Designers and business stakeholders
What will be a plus?
- Mobile AR (ARCore / ARKit)
- GPU optimization (e.g. Metal)
- Android Native (Java / Kotlin)
- Mobile machine learning deployment (CoreML or ML Kit)
- Image/video processing
What you will do:
- You’ll take ownership over mobile capture projects and ensure that their roadmaps are being executed again.
- You will partner with engineers and technical leaders to ensure that the applications we support are stable, scalable, and maintainable, promoting practices like CI/CD and refactoring.
- You can support the execution of a team of engineers working through maintaining services, building tools, and delivering high-performance mobile code to our customers.
- You will collaborate and define cross-team and strategic initiatives in partnership with leads across the company.
About the project
Client uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What’s the secret sauce? Computer vision and an exceptional culture.
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, the client is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Founded as a dev tool vendor with a 2-person team
Opened a dev center in Ukraine
Pivoted into outsourced product development
Launched mobile and UI labs
Got our first Inc. 5000 award
Opened a dev center in Argentina
Became a top-3 ranked custom software developer in DC, Ukraine, and Argentina
Became the #1 software development company to hire in 2020
Opened new dev centers in Mexico and Colombia, counting 500+ experts
How we lead
A company where experts grow, hone their skills, and do what they love, AgileEngine is guided by these principles:
Stay agile and embrace changes
Thrive in a results-driven culture with individual autonomy
Innovate with fellow experts in a no-blame environment
Learn from mistakes and move on
Foster mutual trust and support
Haven’t found the right position?
We are always in search of awesome experts. Share your email, and we’ll notify you once we have the right opportunity.