About the projectInterested in helping to develop cutting edge technologies to empower cell biology and save lives? If so, we’d love to talk to you!Our company is focused on developing a new imaging technology to improve biological research and, ultimately, health outcomes, across all of biology, enabling previously impossible applications. We deliver detailed breakdowns on a cell-by-cell basis, by using deep learning to classify cells based on their morphology. We’ve launched an internal product and are working to develop a commercially releasable version. Come join Deepcell and make a difference! We’re a rapidly growing team of stellar innovators in biomedical engineering, artificial intelligence, and molecular biology. Our technology has won multiple prestigious awards and is backed by top-tier venture capitalists in Silicon Valley including Andreessen Horowitz and Bow Capital.
With us you can
- Work in a dream team of A-players, 65% of whom are seniors
- Create solutions that will be used by global giants like Paramount, IBM, Deloitte, Volkswagen, and others
- Enjoy flexibility by operating remotely or onsite in one of our R&D centers
- Shape your success journey through a personalized growth roadmap tailored to your interests and goals
- Embrace agility — forget about micromanagement and old-school hierarchies
What you will do:
- As a Back-End Software Engineer you will design and develop our SaaS platform which enables researchers to manage their experiments, run machine learning models, evaluate its performance and explore the rich sets of biological data.
- You’ll build maintainable and performant APIs and data pipelines to enrich and interact with data from over half a billion cells.
- You’ll work in an interdisciplinary team composed of data scientists, bioinformaticians, biologists and software engineers to help solve hard problems which improve biological research and, ultimately, health outcomes, across all of biology.
Our team is missing someone who has
- 5+ yrs of experience of building back-end web technologies
- Strong experience building multi-tenant SaaS applications on the public cloud (AWS / GCP)
- Strong problem-solving, debugging, and analytical skills with great attention to detail
- Experience working with relational databases such as Postgres, MySQL
- Extensive programming experience in one or more object oriented languages
- Strong experience with automated unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
- Good project management skills
- Extensive experience with python
What will be a plus?
- Experience with Docker and DevOps technologies and practices
- Experience with big data processing pipelines (e.g. Beam, Airflow)
- Experience in working on products with a machine learning component
- Experience leading projects on complex systems or across multiple systems
Founded as a dev tool vendor with a 2-person team
Opened a dev center in Ukraine
Pivoted into outsourced product development
Launched mobile and UI labs
Got our first Inc. 5000 award
Opened a dev center in Argentina
Became a top-3 ranked custom software developer in DC, Ukraine, and Argentina
Became the #1 software development company to hire in 2020
Opened new dev centers in Mexico and Colombia, counting 500+ experts
How we lead
A company where experts grow, hone their skills, and do what they love, AgileEngine is guided by these principles:
Stay agile and embrace changes
Thrive in a results-driven culture with individual autonomy
Innovate with fellow experts in a no-blame environment
Learn from mistakes and move on
Foster mutual trust and support
Haven’t found the right position?
We are always in search of awesome experts. Share your CV, and we’ll notify you once we have the right opportunity.