What you will do
- Under minimal supervision, the Senior Developer in Test ensures quality of software products delivered within the software development life cycle. The Senior Developer in Test is responsible for developing and executing software testing components, developing automation solutions, and performing manual tests as needed throughout the SDLC.
- Independently design and build framework and implement
- Responsible for identifying project risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Develop automation architecture and set up test frameworks/infrastructure.
- Actively participate in collaborative resolution of defects including root cause analysis of production incidents.
- Continually look for ways to innovate and improve testing process to gain efficiencies.
- Demonstrates business domain expertise in the project involved.
- Ensure compliance with FINRA technology policies and standards .
- Independently create, build, and execute test plans and strategy for complex test cases
- Participate in reviews of system architecture, code, and design documents.
- Perform Independent Assurance on all SDLC phases in a project.
- Design and develop complex automation code, scripts, utilities, simulators, data generators, API/Interface testing solutions and other programmatic test tools as required to execute tests.
- Effectively communicate testing activities, findings, and project risk in oral and written formats.
- Supports or assists test lead to identify project risks and to develop mitigation strategies.
- Perform product code reviews.
- Mentor junior developers in test.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or STEM and 5 year of software development and/or test automation or the equivalent combination of training and experience, or master’s with 3 years’ experience.
- Thorough understanding in computer science fundamentals – algorithm design, problem solving, complexity analysis and data structures.
- Experienced with modern programming languages and common development technologies with software architecture and design skills.
- Thorough understanding of testing process, test types, test design and testing methodologies.
- Experienced with functional or Performance or Security or DevOps test tools.
- Experienced in architecting, designing, and developing automation frameworks and test suites.
- Proficiency in any of the following tools: Cucumber, Selenium, Maven, Git, Junit, Jenkins, Splunk, Rest Assured.
- Experienced with Cloud related technologies.
- Experienced with Unix/Linux environment.
- Self-directed, detail-oriented and have excellent written & oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast- paced environment.
- Leadership experience helpful.
In the Market Regulation Surveillance Patterns technology team, an expert in this role is vested with responsibilities arising from FINRA’s mission to protect the integrity of US Securities Capital markets. FINRA has a portfolio of ‘surveillance patterns’ that look for manipulative and non-compliant behavior in the database of all transactions that occur in the stock market. The database itself consists of tens of billions of records per day. Engineers work with these large volumes of data using state-of-the-art and industry standard technologies, all of which are wholly operated in a cloud computing environment.In order to operate with ever-improving effectiveness, the team operates in a rich culture of performance and innovation. Collaboration within the team and with business stakeholders is frictionless, with significant independence offered in order to experiment with better ways of conducting technology for business value. Technological and career growth opportunities are a natural and everyday part of the working environment.
About the project
The benefits of joining us
Accelerate your professional journey with mentorship, TechTalks, and personalized growth roadmaps
We match your ever-growing skills, talent, and contributions with competitive USD-based compensation and budgets for education, fitness, and team activities
Your AgileEngine journey starts here
We will review your CV and send you a test task via email
Our recruitment team will reach you to discuss available opportunities
WFH or a comfy office? Why not both?
You will have an interview with your future team lead
WASHINGTON DC USA
Founded as a dev tool vendor with a 2-person team
Opened a dev center in Ukraine
Pivoted into outsourced product development
Launched mobile and UI labs
Got our first Inc. 5000 award
Opened a dev center in Argentina
Became a top-3 ranked custom software developer in DC, Ukraine, and Argentina
Became the #1 software development company to hire in 2020
Opened new dev centers in Mexico and Colombia, counting 500+ experts
How we lead
A company where experts grow, hone their skills, and do what they love, AgileEngine is guided by these principles:
Stay agile and embrace changes
Thrive in a results-driven culture with individual autonomy
Innovate with fellow experts in a no-blame environment
Learn from mistakes and move on
Foster mutual trust and support