The world’s number 1 highest-traffic job website, Indeed.com has 250 million unique monthly visitors and 9.8 jobs posted every second. A giant on a mission to help people find jobs, Indeed works with product teams in Austin, Tokyo, Seattle, San Francisco, Singapore, and Hyderabad.
Ready to help Indeed improve people’s lives, one job at a time?
On behalf of Indeed, AgileEngine is looking for a Senior Java Engineer to develop front- and back-end solutions for the internal Indeed products. The ideal candidate’s prior work experience reflects high standards for engineering with proven capabilities. The candidate possesses the ability to take on important business challenges and execute them with precision and quality.
- 4+ years experience in software development
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Significant practical experience with Java (ideally 3+ years)
- Worked with AWS, understands IAM, VPC, Security Groups, EC2, S3,…(or equivalent cloud)
- Experience with open source technologies like Git, Terraform, and Docker
- Basic front end skills
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Upper-Intermediate English
- What will be a plus
- Experience with Spring, Gradle, Guice, Google Protocol Buffers, GraphQL
- Automation and scripting experience in Python or similar
- Shell scripting experience
- Experience adopting security practices across an enterprise
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain services, systems, and user-facing applications in order to solve complex security issues
- Liaising closely with the US engineering team to ensure a quality look & feel for all features
- Continually improve code quality, performance and reliability
- Analyze challenging problems and successfully deliver results
- Interesting and challenging tasks
- Flexible work schedule
- Zero bureaucracy
- Friendly and a very skilled team with great corporate culture and mentorship (visit us and see it yourself)
- US democratic management style
- Opportunities for self-realization, professional and career growth
- Cool events and team activities
- Professional workshops and training, a great engineering culture
About the projectSince 2004, Indeed has given job seekers free access to millions of jobs from thousands of company websites and job boards. As the leading pay-for-performance recruitment advertising network, Indeed drives millions of targeted applicants to jobs in every field and is the most cost-effective source of candidates for thousands of companies.
Founded as a dev tool vendor with a 2-person team
Opened a dev center in Ukraine
Pivoted into outsourced product development
Launched mobile and UI labs
Got our first Inc. 5000 award
Opened a dev center in Argentina
Became a top-3 ranked custom software developer in DC, Ukraine, and Argentina
Became the #1 software development company to hire in 2020
Opened new dev centers in Mexico and Colombia, counting 500+ experts
How we lead
A company where experts grow, hone their skills, and do what they love, AgileEngine is guided by these principles:
Stay agile and embrace changes
Thrive in a results-driven culture with individual autonomy
Innovate with fellow experts in a no-blame environment
Learn from mistakes and move on
Foster mutual trust and support
Haven’t found the right position?
We are always in search of awesome experts. Share your CV, and we’ll notify you once we have the right opportunity.